(W12) I lack PLNs. Do you?

     The last assignment of PLN paper helps me reflect my personal and professional networks to find PLNS and write about one of them. It came to my realization that I don't have many PLNs to write about. The fact made me contemplate further with some interesting learning points.

    PLNs can be abundant or poor, depending on how strategically we are in approaching and creating a network of resources and people. Purpose needs to be clear. Execution needs to be consistent. Interrelationship of tools, people, materials, etc. needs to be established for a whole system. In many cases, my communities or resources can't be called a PLN, as they lack one of those strategies. I made new connections without clear purposes. Resources were scattering everywhere without a curation tool and activity to connect the dots. That also means that there are great potentials to develop PLNs from my existing resources and communities.

    Quality over quantity. I don't need too many PLNs, which all take time to develop and maintain. One to three are sufficient, but I need to make sure they are the best ones to invest in with high returns (clear purposes) and relevant efforts (feasible and minimal execution). A high-quality PLN for me is the one that serves my purposes, requires minimal resources to develop and maintain, and has different components that well complement each other.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(W3) Community of Practice Frameworks

(W3) Do we communicate differently in LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog, and so on?

(W2) Instructional design strategies for digital native learners