(W12) My favorite Web 2.0 tools

    There are new tools that I have just known from the course and some familiar ones that I have tried for a while. Here is my favorite list:

- GroupMe (a MS-backed group messaging tool): It is similar as Slack or WhatsApp in features of group messaging (chat, audio/ video call, attach files of different formats, etc.) What I like about GroupMe is its simplicity of interface, no charge required, and free storage of information. Slack only allows free users to store chats and files within a given period, after which the stored information will be deleted.

- Padlet (a collaborative board creation tool): This is a simple collaborative tool that helps me facilitate brainstorming sessions, call for group reflection or discussion, and generate my personal categorized work space for free. It is like Trello, Jira or Asana but cheaper and simpler for casual use cases.

- Pocket (a curation tool to save resources in one place): I am going to explore Pocket further to determine if it can replace Google Doc in summarizing resources from different internet sources. I have a resource checklist for various domains of profession, study or interests, such as family recipe, UI UX, or learning design. 

    What tools are conducive to your daily life? What tools are you going to explore or use after our course?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(W3) Community of Practice Frameworks

(W3) Do we communicate differently in LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog, and so on?

(W2) Instructional design strategies for digital native learners